Ingredients you need when making kefir at home; 1 litre Sut and kefir yeast.
- First, the particles in kefir yeast plastic spoon and place the kefiri in a jar or jug. Never do not use a metal spoon. If your container is necessarily glass so be it.
- Add the milk at room temperature.
- Over the container stretch film or cheesecloth close with. If using stretch film, make a few small holes.
- This container is at room temperature, but in a dark closet 24 hours soak.
- After about 24 hours, you will see that the kefir grains rise up and the liquid approaches the consistency of yogurt. Separate the kefir grains with the help of a plastic strainer. With the grains, you can immediately continue to ferment.
- If you want to store the grains, that is, yeast, put them in a jar and add enough water at room temperature to pass over them maximum 2 days you can store. Because kefir yeast is a living organism and loses its property after 2-3 days. Maintaining your kefir by continuing to ferment will be the healthiest option.
- Ready-made kefir drink in the refrigerator 2 days you can consume by holding.
Be sure to try: Pancake with kefir