Boundaries show who you are and who you are not. It's personal lines that guide your life. Every person needs boundaries and creates a comfort zone. For the formation of boundaries within the family;
* Define physical and emotional boundaries. Clarify the mother's own space, the father's own space, the child's own space, the parents ' common space, the father-child's common space, the mother-child's common space, and the parents-child's common space together, both physically and emotionally.
* Identify dispute. Clarify each individual's own responsibilities and duties together within the home.
* Identify the need that causes disagreement. Do not decry the emotional needs that cause conflict. (Interest, approval, acceptance, love, etc. )
* Accept what is good. Learn to respond and accept the boundaries that have not yet sat in place that continue to form.
* Use your limit setting skills. Putting boundaries is very fragile and resilient. It may not always respond as you expect. In this case, talk to family members about why you need this limit, staying at the moment without dragging yourself into the intensity of the feeling of inadequacy.
* Respond, not react. When you react to something someone says or does, you leave control to the other side, and your boundaries disappear. When you answer, you take control, and the possibilities and options follow.
* Learn to love freely and responsibly, not with guilt. The best limits are the loving limits. Boundaries never mean putting aside love. On the contrary, by revealing your boundaries, you gain the freedom to love.
* Continue your morning routines as if your child is going to school on weekdays. For example, ensure that the morning departure time and breakfast time continue according to the school routine.
• Even if the morning dance is performed at school, do not neglect your morning dance at home.
• If your child has online lessons after breakfast, you can support him / her to follow them and prepare the necessary materials for the lesson.
* Keep busy with your personal affairs while your child teaches at the beginning of the screen.
* Collecting toys, watering flowers together, preparing shopping list, preparing dinner, culinary activity (cake-bread making, etc.), you can support the development of your children's feelings of responsibility, self-control and self-confidence with activities that you do together or do alone, such as folding laundry, placing, and spend quality time together.
* Do not neglect lunch and dinner routines. Try not to change the hours as much as possible.
* The time spent with the family in the evening and the ritual of sleep should also be specific and as constant as possible.
In this way, you will support your child to take on their responsibilities as a student while at home, to use their time at home efficiently, and to support school discipline.
Responsibilities are an indispensable part of our lives. It is important for them to gain responsibility awareness for our children from an early age. For this purpose, it is possible to turn the conditions we are currently in into opportunities. Education-continuing training on the online platform, increasing the time spent at home and on the screen so that responsibilities do not cause failures:
* You can make daily or weekly plans. It will be a little harder to adapt to weekly planning at an early age. You can create a daily schedule for this. In this planning, the course hours and the time he will devote to himself should be done together and by specifying the time. In this way, seeing his plan in a concrete way and knowing what to do in the next time period will improve our children's planning skills, as well as contribute to children's efficient time.
• It is important to remember that our children take their parents in the house as role models. For this purpose, it is supportive for you to plan your own and follow it. You can play your plans by hanging the plans in a common part of the house and marking the responsibilities performed, so that you can also support their motivation in this regard.
* The time spent at the beginning of the screen has increased in the process we are in. In this case, it should be stated that it is important that the time spent at the beginning of the screen is efficient. In order for children in the concrete process period to better understand this process, ‘what did you learn at the beginning of the screen today?'you can help make sense of it with questions in the form.
* It may be useful to find activities that will interest children to reduce screen time outside of class hours. Most of the time, our children spend time on the internet because they can't find any activity that will interest them, and this can negatively affect many situations, from posture disorders to their development of creativity. It will be useful for us to help our children in this regard, to include activities that you choose as partners in your daily routines. Doing these actions as a family will also improve communication within the family.
● Some students adapt quickly to the online education process, while some students may experience loss of motivation in the online education process, even if they have experience from last year. In this case, children first need social emotional support. It will comfort the children to know that it is understood. It is important for the parent-child relationship to make your child who does not want to attend the lesson, who is bored, feel that you understand it, and to approach IT solution-oriented.
● Acting on daily routine activities inside the house makes it easier for children to get used to routines. You can try many innovations, such as the dance to start the day after breakfast in the morning, animating the characters of a book that is read after dinner.
● For your children who are struggling with online education, it is useful to quickly contact their teachers and schools ' psychological counseling and guidance units. Many children enjoy one-on-one contact with their teachers, and their attitude to the lesson can change.
Sign up for free and be the first to get notified about new posts.