What is anemia?
In case of anemia, hemoglobin is not enough to transport oxygen to cells in red blood cells or red blood cells. Hemoglobin is part of red blood cells and carries oxygen. In the case of anemia, the cells cannot produce enough energy. Thus, some symptoms such as weakness, fatigue, paleness, headache, headache,lack of attention, decreased appetite, chills, restlessness appear.
Iron deficiency anemia
Anemia is not a symptom of a single health problem. Usually the first thing that comes to mind is the inadequacy of iron. Because the most common type of anemia is due to iron deficiency. Iron is an important mineral for our body, since it is not produced in the body, it is necessary to take it in sufficient quantities through nutrients. It is usually more common during children, teenagers, pregnancy and breastfeeding. Anemia due to iron deficiency can be easily determined by blood test.
Women need more iron than men;
· One of the reasons women have a lot of necessity is that they lose blood with menstruation every month.
· Pregnancy increases the need for iron. This is due to an increase in blood volume.
· Women often do not consume enough iron-rich nutrients in their daily diet.
· Iron deficiency is more common in women who eat vegetarians.
A diet rich in iron can prevent this common type of anemia.
Foods rich in iron:
Iron is found in many nutrients. Iron from animal-derived foods is more easily absorbed than iron from vegetable-derived foods.
- Foods of vegetable origin:
Those with anemia should pay attention:
· Consume iron-rich foods along with a vitamin C-rich food such as oranges, melons, green peppers, kiwis or broccoli. So you can increase iron absorption.
· Add some iron-containing sources such as meat, chicken, fish to your meals consisting of egg yolks or vegetable foods.
· Try to make more use of iron in foods such as whole grains, dried legumes and spinach.
· Take care to drink coffee and tea in breaks, not meals. Some compounds found in tea can prevent the absorption of iron in the body, which you take with food.
· Iron pills; If your iron levels are too low, nutrition alone may not be enough, you may be advised by your doctor to use iron supplements. Consuming milk and dairy products together with iron drugs recommended by the physician reduces the absorption of iron from the intestines. Therefore, iron drugs should not be taken at the same time as milk and dairy products.
Sign up for free and be the first to get notified about new posts.