For example, women under the age of 40 who use their own eggs have a 32% chance of success in the first IVF treatment. By the time they turn 42, the rate could drop to 12%. A couple who start IVF treatment should consider this as a relatively long-term treatment process. Birth rates of a treated couple are similar to those of couples who achieve pregnancy naturally. In addition, after unsuccessful results in the first treatment, the success rate also increases in subsequent IVF cycles. While it's nice to know that IVF treatment can work more over time, the process can be stressful for couples. Also, it's not a very cheap procedure. Considering both the emotional aspects and the cost, it is important to increase the chances of success in an IVF treatment. Reviewing factors that are known to increase the chances of success can make you more successful in the next treatment cycle. However, a IVF Success Chance Calculation Tool it calculates your chances of getting a live birth as a result of treatment, taking into account your current health condition and the conditions you have. In this way, you can see how close you are to having a baby. IVF success chance calculation tool here references
Success rates in IVF treatment usually depend on the age of the woman. Because, as a woman gets older, success rates in IVF drop.
* The percentage of live births per egg collection in women under the age of 35 is 54.4%.
* The percentage of live births per egg collection in women between the ages of 35 and 37 is 42%.
* In women between 38 and 40 years of age, the percentage of live births per egg collection decreases to 26.6%.
* The percentage of live births per egg collection in women aged 41-42 is 13.3%.
* In women aged 43 and over, the percentage of live births per egg collection decreases to 3.9%.
As you can see above, the chances of a live birth in an IVF treatment cycle are significantly reduced after the age of 40. However, the age of the woman is not the only factor affecting the outcome and success rates in treatment.
In vitro fertilization success chance calculation is done by taking into account many factors. Answers to the information contained in this calculation tool, which is based on individual factors to understand a woman's chances of success in achieving pregnancy, will affect your individual chances of success. However, after correct evaluation, diagnosis and treatment, the results in the IVF success chance Calculation Tool can be changed. Therefore, the results should not be discouraging.
* Age of the woman
* Height and weight ratio (Body Mass Index)
* Number of live births
* Number of pregnancies
* Male-related infertility factors
* Presence of endometriosis
* Problems with ovulation, such as PCOS disease
* Whether there is a decrease in ovarian reserves
* Presence of certain factors, such as fibroids in the uterus
* Presence of tube problems
* Presence of certain chronic diseases, such as cancer
Answers to the information contained herein should be given correctly after a doctor's examination and tests. Otherwise, the results can be misleading and you may not realistically know your chances of getting a live birth.
You have completed the information contained in the calculation tool and learned that your chances of success are lower than you expected. Well, now what will you do? What can you do to increase the chances of success in IVF treatment?
* Being at a healthy weight is extremely important in achieving successful results in fertility and IVF treatment. Body Mass Index’having more than 35 can increase the duration of conception by 2-4 times with treatment. ( Read: What is the IVF diet?)
* Maintaining optimal body weight in men and taking the necessary nutrients can also help improve sperm quality.
* Stress is one of the factors that negatively affect reproductive health. Trying to reduce stress with meditation or relaxing hobbies will help increase your chances of success in treatment.
• In men and women who smoke, the chances of success in IVF treatment are significantly reduced. If you are considering entering such a process, you should immediately consider quitting smoking with the help of a specialist.
• Vitamin D if you are deficient, you can use vitamin D supplements by consulting your doctor.
• Apart from vitamin D, it is important to take other basic macro and micronutrients in a balanced way.
A tool for calculating the chances of success in IVF can help you understand what your chances of success in treatment are. However, the most accurate planning, possibilities, diagnosis and necessary treatments will be to consult a specialist.
Sign up for free and be the first to get notified about new posts.